Read below for the North American TEFL Academy’s top ESL jobs that provide flight tickets in and in some cases out of the teach abroad country.
It seems more appealing to just gun for the top paying ESL jobs. However, the most important factor for your first few months abroad may be reducing startup costs.
When your flight is paid for, a weight is lifted off your shoulders. See below for the North American TEFL’s top English as a Second Language Jobs that pay for your travel to the country where you’ll be teaching. China stands out with plenty of high paying jobs that provide free airfare. If you look closely, you can find flight reimbursement for positions all over from Japan to Jakarta. Some only pay for your trip home, some only to the job site and others pay both. We’ll be covering them all below.
For most of these jobs, you absolutely need a 120 Hour TEFL certificate
Find numerous job postings in our private Facebook Groups below:
- TEFL / ESL / English Teaching Jobs:
- English Teaching Jobs in China
- English Teaching Jobs in Asia: Vietnam, Taiwan, Korea, China, Thailand
- Teaching Jobs in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Ningbo, etc.
- Teaching English in China, ESL Jobs in China
- Teaching English in China, ESL Jobs in China
Pays for your flight to the country where you’ll teach English
Jobs offering flights upfront are not the norm. Many jobs only reimburse your flight after you buy it and after you have taught for a certain period of time.
- A: Nanjing, China | 21000 – 25000 RMB |
- Monthly salary: 21000 – 25000 RMB
- + FREE FLIGHT TICKET to China
- + RELOCATION BONUS of 9500 RMB – get this amount with the first-month payment.
- + Free TEFL course or reimbursement for TEFL course of 4000 RMB- get this amount with the first-month payment.
- + Health insurance (package for International teacher) provided
- + National days off
- + 100% support with Z visa and work permit to China
- “Just send your CV and a short introduction video to our hiring department via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org ”
- B: Chongqing, China, USD 2850 – 3200 (RMB 20,000 – 22,500)
- Airfare to China: Flight is provided.
- • Visa: Assistance in sponsored legal Z Work Visa in your home country and in China.
- • Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
- • On boarding: Ground service assistance.
- Your compensation will include:
- • Monthly income: USD 2850 – 3200 (RMB 20,000 – 22,500) before tax
- • Housing: Monthly stipend USD 360 (RMB 2,500).
- • Full attendance bonus: Monthly stipend USD 70 (RMB 500)
- • Airfare Bonus: USD 860~1000 (RMB 6,000 -7000) can be reimbursed when full filled contract.
- • Renew Contract Bonus：USD 580 (4000RMB).
- • Demo class bonus
- • Insurance: Business insurance RMB 1900 / year
- • Public Holiday and Chinese public holidays off
- • Annual Holiday: One week paid annual leave, one week without pay
- • Sick Leave: 1 month have 1 day paid sick leave, no sick leave can be accumulated as paid annual leave.
- · Join us now!!!
- If you are interested, do not hesitate to send us your resume now to: email@example.com
- C: Poland, CELTA teacher, International House teacher Location (+/-Title) + Income
- International House Bydgoszcz are looking for CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL qualified professional teachers to join our highly supportive school in beautiful central Poland for a September 2019 start. Our contract runs until June 2020 with the possibility to extend, and accommodation and flights are covered. You must have the right to work in the EU and a C2 level of English. For full information about the position and how to apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/ihbyd1920teacher
- D: ***OFFERS FLIGHT UPFRONT *** Guangzhou, Foshan, Dongguan.,Shenzhen,beijing | 8,000–25000RMB
- Job Details Work Hours: 18 teaching hours(your actual teaching hour will less than 18 hours)+15 office hours weekly; Maximum 25 classes/week, each class being 45 minutes, Monday–Friday, classes will be between 8:00 AM-12:00 AM,and 2:30 PM-5:30 PM.
- Positions available:
- Kindergarten, Primary school, Middle school.
- Age Groups:
- Kindergarten 3- 7, Primary – 7 – 13, Middle School 13- 16, High School 16- 19, University 19 +
- Language training centers: All Levels
- Contract Period Positions are two semesters or longer.
- Arrive one week early for training, cultural limmersion, and school/apartment placement.
- 5 day work week, summer and winter holiday vacation time. You are teaching at public and private schools, so NO nights and NO weekends required (before national holidays, classes may be rescheduled during
- ?The Payment would be between18,000–25000RMB per month （or more）depending on your qualifications and abilities. Flights to China can be offered upfront.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- wechat: 135 8163 5501
- Teach English to young students in Cheonan, Chungnam, South Korea. You will be asked to teach between 21-27 hours a week and all of the teaching materials and curriculum will be provided
- Cheonan, Chungnam, South Korea | K-5 Teacher | 2200 – 2500$ (USD) per month
- Bachelor’s degree in an education-related subject.
- A minimum of 1 year’s teaching experience in the US
- Highly motivated, proactive with a positive attitude
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with good attention to detail
- Age Group of students
- Salary of 2200 – 2500$ (USD) per month
- 265$ awarded monthly if the teacher is never late or absent from work and grading/marking is completed on time.
- One way flight ticket reimbursed after completing 3 months of work
- Studio apartment with rent included
- 10 paid vacation days
- Pension scheme
- Medical insurance provided
- Job Location
- Cheonan, Chungnam, South Korea
- Please apply at the following link: https://twosigmas.com/apply/?relocate=Korea&var.source=Jy7WH
- Bien Hoa, Vietnam (Just east of Saigon aka Ho Chi Minh City | 1.8~2K USD
- Student ages : from Primary to High school level
- 5 working days / week and 2 consecutive days off on the weekdays
- Maximum 26 teaching hours/ week. No office hour
- Class size : 10 – 15 students / class
- Teaching assistants are available to help you with the class management
- 18 months professional contract
- Salary : 37.000.000 – 42.000.000 VND / month ( 1600$ – 1800$ /month) (after tax).
- Housing allowance: 2.000.000 VND / month.
- Work permit and resident card paid 100% by the school.
- Flight bonus: 7.200.000 VND ( 300 USD ).
- If teachers teach more than 26 hours/ week , we pay extra salary ( 20 -25 USD/hr)
- Full support in looking for accommodation and getting adapted with the new working environment.
- Pick up service at the airport and city sightseeing tour.
- 4. Requirement :
- Hold at least a BA degree.
- Hold at least a teaching certificate ( TEFL )
- Send me your resume, photo of your passport and BA degree to : Swifthanah75@gmail.com
- Rayong, Thailand | Western P.E./Health teacher 987 USD/Mo
- 30.000 Baht + 6xxx Baht for teaching 8th period as soon as you have a work permit (Yearly salary increase of 3000 Baht). Easy to make a monthly salary between 40-50k a month.
- Options for extra income:
- It is to teach private classes in school after school hours (17:00-18:00).
- Paid holidays (March-April-May (10 weeks) / October (3 weeks) / Christmas holidays (1,5 weeks)
- In March and April you can opt to join summer school for extra income.
- Free lunch
- Accident insurance
- After signing your second contract you receive a yearly X-MAS BONUS in the form of an extra month salary and FLIGHT TICKETS (round trip) to your home country.
- BA in any field (preferably teaching or sports related.
- Working hours: 07.45-16.30 (Monday-Friday)
- Contact: email@example.com (Mr. Roel Jacobs)
- Tokyo, Japan | University Teacher | Westgate Corporation | 2,500 USD/Mo.
- – Approximately 260,000 yen per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification, but less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- – Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification who have 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- – Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications
- *Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
- 5) OTHER:
- – HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- – FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
- – WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- – RENEWABLE contract.
- See job post at: https://jobsinjapan.com/jobs/university-teaching-in-japan-tokyo-kanagawa-chiba-saitama-and-aichi-2/
- See Westgate website application page: https://www.westgatejapan.com/M-1-7.html
- Hyogo, Japan in the Kansai Region | ESL Job teacher | $2,300
- Seven paid week-long vacations in a year.
- The flight back to your home country will be paid for by the school upon completion of the contract.
- Accommodation: Furnished house: (70,000 yen per month). The house is ten minutes away from the school. This is thre reason why we would like to hire two people who wouldn’t mind living together.
- A car is leased to the instructor for work and personal use by the school for a monthly fee of 5,000 yen. This includes all maintenance costs and insurance.
- Responsibilities of the FT instructor.
- 5 day work week (up to seven teaching hours in a day)
- ¥250,000 ~ ¥280,000 / Month
- Job post details: https://jobs.gaijinpot.com/job/view/lang/en/keywords/%22flight%22/job_id/134819#.XZ_ZQ-hKg2w
- JAKARTA – INDONESIA: Teach Adults Business English: 1,200 USD
- Competitive salary: 17,000,000 RP to 18,000,000 RP (1,200 to 1,280 USD) per month
- o Teach adults business English in the vibrant city of Jakarta
- o Modern, engaging curriculum and teaching materials supplied
- o Full training and academic support provided
- o Career development opportunities
- Please send the following to Jeannie at Apply Now or jeannie@GoldStarTeachers.com with Cover letter, Resume, Recent photo, Degree & TEFL certificates, Passport photo page, Availability to start work, Include in the subject heading the reference no. CEID10T
- Apply now for free flights✈️ Teach English in Indonesia with EF English First | 800~1,000 USD
- Salary 12,000,000 – 15,000,000 IDR per month
- Housing Accommodation or allowance provided
- Flight Allowance Round-trip flight reimbursement
- Visa Sponsored legal KITAS work visa
- Health Insurance Provided
- Vacation Minimum 10 paid annual leave days plus 18 national holidays
- Onboarding Airport pickup upon arrival, free hotel accommodation during your first two weeks
- Training Sponsored TEFL, Cambridge TKT and career advancement opportunities
- Other perks Job rotation program
- Education A Bachelor’s Degree
- Certification A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
- TEACH ENGLISH IN SHENZHEN | Public School Jobs, International School Jobs, Kindergarten Jobs | USD 2,253~2957
- Up to 7 free nights paid hotel stay upon arrival.
- Prepaid airfare or airfare reimbursement
- Apartment Hunting Assistance
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Fully sponsored legal Z visa with working permit
- 11 national holidays plus minimum 5 days annual leave
- Visa Document Reimbursement
Chinese Schools Pay for Airfare and Lodging With a High Frequency
As you can see, there are jobs that pay for your flight all over the world. However, as of writing this article in 2019, China is where you will find a higher concentration of jobs that provide airfare AND pay for your place to live as well. If you are looking for more jobs that pay for your flight to China and may even pay for your lodging in a nice apartment nearby the school you’ll be teaching at, get in contact with one of our top recommended recruiters below:
Countries where it is rare to see flight reimbursement
One of the countries that tops every list of where people want to teach at has to be Japan. Supply and demand comes into play here in countries like Japan, Thailand, Vietnam or anywhere in South East Asia. There are so many potential teachers already on the ground in these countries who desire to live there longer term that the schools there don’t often feel the need to offer flight reimbursements.
It is a big risk for the schools to offer flight tickets to teachers. We see it all the time. Teachers get all ready to teach at a school, they pass the interview and the day of the flight, they get cold feet. The school gets burned only once before they stop offering complimentary flights.
If you do find flight reimbursements or better yet, upfront paid flights to Japan like this job or anywhere in South East Asia like this job, you should jump on it. Worst case scenario, you finish your contract with the school and decide not to sign on another year. Now that you are in the region, travel to other jobs becomes all the easier. This is especially true if you land in Indo-China. You can take very cheap bus rides for under 20 USD(!) from Ho Chi Minh City aka Saigon in Vietnam to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Just another 25 USD and you’re in Bangkok, Thailand!
Flying is cheap too once you are in South East Asia, as you can see from the map, there are many countries all just a 3-4 hour flight away. Many of them are traversable by bus or even motorbike! It’s not too bad either if you start your journey in Japan.
Sometimes flights from Tokyo to Seoul are cheaper than Tokyo to Osaka on the bullet train (新幹線 Shinkansen).
So for your first trip to Asia, try if you can to get your flight reimbursed ideally both ways so you can go home if you choose. If you decide to stay in Asia, you’ll have land, air and sea route options that are much more affordable than if you had paid your own way. The story is the same for European teaching jobs. Once in Europe, you’re just a cheap Ryan Air or train ride away from your next adventure. You might need to get a little more creative if you land in Colombia or Brazil, but people have no problem backpacking across South America if they’re ok with roughing it a bit.
IF you want your flight paid, you have a much better chance of getting this sort of job with a TEFL!
Bonus: Offers Free Housing or Stipend
When you hunt for jobs that provide free housing, we advise not to limit search engines with certain key words as different job postings use very different wording to describe the assistance they offer. You will see lots of jobs offer assistance to search for housing (which may mean nothing at all without any firm guarantees) and some that will offer stipends – which means you find the place and they pay your rent up to a certain amount.
- Taiwan | Victoria Academy | Company: Victoria Academy | USD 2189/mo + USD 98/ mo
- *** Teaching positions open – starting date: 2019 LOCATION: Yunlin County General Details: ARC, national healthcare, low cost of living area, near mountains, centrally located in Taiwan Please email your resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write the position you are applying for in the email’s subject field) — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — TYPE 1: Local Curriculum English Teacher (non-certified teacher) Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Teaching experience of 3 or more years (Cram School / Preschool / Language schools are all OK) **These positions are for Kindergarten and elementary LA, Mathematics and Science, and for local curriculum secondary English.** Base Salary: NT$ 67,000 housing Stipend: NT$ 3,000 Perfect Attendance Bonus: NT$ 1,000 Total Monthly: NT$71,000 Chinese New Year Bonus: NT$ 15,000 End of Year Bonus: NT$ 25,000 Paid Holidays: All government mandated holidays (Chinese New Year extended to one full week) + two week during the summer break Optional, unpaid personal leave: Two weeks during the summer break (Full pay given for the month if unpaid leave is not taken)
- See original job listing here: https://www.tealit.com/index.php?view=details&sid=29&cid=29989 (Great site for Taiwan job listings)
- Japan (various locations) | Aeon language center | USD 2,534/Mo + USD 500/mo rent stipend + Flight ticket up to 650 USD
- Monthly starting salary of 275,000 Japanese yen
- • One-time 70,000 yen Flight Allowance provided for eligible teachers who meet criteria set by AEON (does not apply to teachers hired in Japan).
- • One week or more of paid training in Japan
- • Professional development workshops throughout the contract period
- • 5 personal days per year
- • Japanese national holidays off and 3 weeks vacation
- • Single occupancy apartment furnished to Japanese standards w/55,000 Japanese yen subsidized monthly rent
- • Health and Pension Insurance coverage through the Japanese Social Insurance System
- • Career advancement opportunities for successful teachers
- • Bonus provided upon completion of final contract
- • Knowledge of branch school location prior to signing contract
- See original job listing here: http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=52972
- Apply: http://www.aeonet.com/recruiting-locations/
- C: Shenzhen or Guangdong, China | USD 2539~3950/mo High Salary(!) | Housing included in salary
- School Type: Private Training Center
- Student Age: 3-12 years old
- working time: 5pm-9pm (during 3 workdays), 10am-9pm weekends; two days of during weekdays
- Salary: 18,000-28,000RMB including housing allowance
- Housing: N/A; assisting teachers to search and rent apartment
- Others: Free duty meals
- Contact: email@example.com
- Guangzhou, China | USD 2539~2821/mo | Apartment provided + Flight (up to USD 700)+ Free food at school campus
- Free single apartment provided.
- Flight allowance of 5000RMB or upfront flight to Guangzhou.
- Free hotel upon arrival.
- Free meals provided daily on campus.
- Airport pickup, bank set-up and sim card assistance.
- Work visa application assistance and sponsored legal residence permit.
- Please send your CV, copy of your passport page, and copies of education certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wechat: deanskeltonn
We could input pages and pages of China jobs that pay for housing. Other countries that often provide apartments or at least housing stipends to teach abroad include the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait.
Some more examples of teaching abroad programs that pay for your housing include:
- EPIK: http://www.epik.go.kr/contents.do?contentsNo=48&menuNo=275 Also covers the flight to South Korea
- The famous JET (Japan Exchange and Teaching) Program provides flight tickets and housing to and from Japan: https://jetprogramusa.org/
For most of these cases, you absolutely will need at least a 120 Hour TEFL certificate so get it quickly so you can start teaching abroad and living your dream.